March 16, 2011

Ouais ouais la Fac!

Fundraising ThermometerMost of you know that I'm a student at the U of A's Campus Saint-Jean. But did you know how wonderful it is? (Probably.) Super-wonderful. One of the things I like about the Fac - and one of the main reasons I chose it - is that it's a very small community. Small enough that I rarely come across people I haven't seen before, small enough that the profs know all their students' names, and small enough that when I had my first bake sale, the Doyen came by to say "You know Stephanie, you could write me a letter to ask for support." (Only in French. He also bought a cookie.)

So I wrote a letter (Once again, Mathieu helped me out) and the Campus Saint-Jean has agreed to contribute $1000 to my trip! This puts the fund-o-meter at 60% of my goal, which is really quite phenomenal considering I've been fundraising for about ten weeks. I am incredibly grateful for this sponsorship from the Campus. I feel like it's made even more meaningful by the fact that, because the Campus community is so teeny-weeny, I know the people who are contributing the money and I know that they're genuinely interested in my project. That, and I get to give a little talk about my trip when I get back:)

Un gros merci au Doyen, à Denis Fontaine et au Campus Saint-Jean!

No comments:

Post a Comment