April 17, 2011

Travel on the Brain

Last night, I dreamt that I was in Cold Lake, merrily going about my business, when I realized that my departure date had been changed to June 26th. (It's a dream. These things happen.) That would have been just fine and dandy, except that it was June 26th, and my friend's mom (again, anything can happen in Lalaland) was driving me to Edmonton in only 20 minutes. But I hadn't packed, I didn't have my passport photocopied and I hadn't cleaned my place! I tore apart my washroom looking for things for the first aid kit I hadn't put together and woke up, thoroughly stressed out.

What's really unfortunate is that this is actually the third time I've had a dream like this in the past little while. In one, I was doing some last-minute packing before leaving for my flight at six (it was three) when I realized - horror of horrors - that I was in Cold Lake and wouldn't make it to Edmonton before the plane took off, let alone in time to go through security! In another, I was on the LRT headed to the airport (logical transportation is clearly not a priority for my subconscious) when I started thinking about homework and realized that it was March and I would be missing the rest of the semester!

Hopefully this is just end-of-term stress, because if my brain is already this keyed-up over the trip with two months to go, I don't want to know what kind of scary dreams it'll come up with by the end of June...

No comments:

Post a Comment