April 12, 2011

Hitting the Bottle [Drive!]

Remember that slow-motion bottle drive? It's still on - even at my place! In fact, my dear roommate has recently made a selfless commitment to drinking more* in order to help our own personal collection along. Thanks to her (and two beer-drinking Davids), it's up to $5.30!

If you'd like to add to this already-astronomical sum, I'd love to have your recyclables. This is especially true if you'll be leaving Edmonton at the end of the month, in which case I can come see you the week after Easter. Send me an email and we can sort out a convenient bottle-stealing time. For those of you who will be sticking around - and those who are in Cold Lake - I'll do my best to get to you in May. You, too, can  send me an email.

In other news, I spoke to a fellow Facker on Friday who mentioned that he tried to make a donation on the blog, but it didn't seem to go through. If something similar has happened to you - that is, if you've made a donation with PayPal but haven't heard from me about it - please let me know. I try to send thank-you cards to everyone who makes a donation, so if you haven't received one, it could be because I didn't know you tried to make a donation!

Finally, in roughly nine days I should be done with school and will be able to get back to fundraising. I'd really like to have another event - in Cold Lake, ideally - but I'm having trouble coming up with something. I'd love to hear some of your ideas!

*Juice and milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment