January 10, 2011

Salsa!

I am a person who relies heavily on lists, schedules and order, so it's very difficult for me to write this post because it's about the third fundraising event instead of the first. The insanity! Still, it's the first event for which I have all the details worked out, so here it is:

Salsa Night at On The Rocks: Send Stephanie To Nicaragua!

I'd heard a lot about the Thursday night salsa dancing at On The Rocks and thought it would be fun to use it as a fundraiser. While salsa is not one of the more traditional Nicaraguan dances, it definitely has a fun Latin American vibe. When I called, I was only slightly optimistic; On The Rocks is a pub on Jasper that seems to have something exciting going on every night of the week, so I wasn't sure if they'd appreciate my hijacking their Thursday night salsa party.

Luckily for us, they did! The lovely woman I spoke to was incredibly helpful and had the tickets designed and printed within roughly ten days. As you can see, she was extremely generous - the $10 that get you cover before 10PM, free salsa lessons at 8PM and a free drink all go directly to the fund-o-meter!

I've heard nothing but good things about On The Rocks, and I'm beyond stoked to have a fundraising party with a theme related to my trip. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment