January 17, 2011

Baking A Difference: Bake Sale and Cookie Crumbles

Today was my very first fundraising event: the bake sale. I set myself a modest goal ($50) and an ambitious goal ($75). Clearly, I underestimated the tastiness of the baked goods and the generosity of the students, faculty, staff and visitors at the Campus Saint-Jean; the grand total for the day was $194.44! I'd like to extend heartfelt thanks to those who baked things, bought things, sat at the table while I ran to get things, etc. I will definitely have a least one more bake sale this term - I really can't believe how well it went!

My timing seems to have worked itself out, because when I got home from the bake sale, I found order forms in my mailbox for the next fundraiser: selling cookie dough (among other things) with a Canadian company called Cookie Crumbles.

I'm really excited to be able to run a fundraiser through Cookie Crumbles because it's a locally-owned company that was founded in 1997 by a couple of moms in Meadow Lake. The cookie dough I'm ordering is made in Fort Saskatchewan, and everything is peanut/nut free!

All the information you might need about the products (even all the ingredients!) is available on the Cookie Crumbles website, but I'll give you the rundown here:

- each pail of cookie dough is 2kg and yields 5-8 dozen tasty cookies
- the cookie dough can be stored in the fridge or freezer, and can be thawed and re-frozen 
- each bag of dry muffin mix yields 5 dozen easy muffins

Pails of cookie dough cost $20; you can choose from sugar cookie, double chocolate chip, gingersnap, oatmeal, oatmeal chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin. 

Bags of muffin mix cost $16; you can choose from bran or oatmeal. The idea is that you can easily make the muffins your own by adding chocolate chips, bananas, nuts, fruit, etc. Because the mixes are dry, you can also make them healthier by using applesauce instead of oil. 

I'm still working out some timeline and pickup details, but I would like to submit the completed order by January 31st; that way, everything will be ready before reading break. If you'd like to order some tasty cookie dough (or muffin mix, or drink crystals, or a cookbook) please send me an email! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Steph! I'm thrilled to hear your bake sale was a success! I'm sorry I wasn't there to support you - if I had classes at Fac, I surely would have! I would love to order some cookie dough though! :)
    Wishing you continued success,
    Meagan :)

    ReplyDelete