February 9, 2011

Slow-Motion Bottle Drive + A Milestone

Today, I completed the first leg of my Slow-Motion Bottle Drive. Thanks to two lovely households - Catherine & Ruth and Keegan/Matt/Mike - I did a little recycling and collected $24.25 toward my cause! Granted, $24.25 may not seem like a whole lot of money, but it's still very important. It's a milestone - I've now raised enough to cover the cost of my plane tickets! I also discovered the Strathcona Bottle Depot, which was a revelation because in Edmonton, they have more than one bottle depot. It was quite the excursion.


If you're interested in participating in the Slow-Motion Bottle Drive, you probably can! The steps, as seen on the Facebook event, are as follows:


1. You drink something out of a bottle, can, milk carton or tetra pak.
2. You rinse out the container.
3. You keep it until I swing by to pick everything up and take it to our friendly neighbourhood bottle depot!


I'm thinking about doing a regular-speed bottle drive (probably a mini one) in Cold Lake later on this month, but I haven't yet decided when I'll be home.


Oh, and in case you've forgotten, the Salsa Night at On the Rocks is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment