February 1, 2011

One month down...

Wow, what a month! Six courses and six thousand dollars is definitely a challenge, but things are going really well on the fundraising front. Here's an update:

15 Minutes of Fame
A few weeks ago, a fellow Cold Laker named Jessica sent me a message with a lot of really helpful fundraising ideas. One of them was to contact the Cold Lake Sun to see if they'd write something about me - and they did! I'm really happy with how the article turned out, so many thanks to Andrew at the Sun for his help.

People are Wonderful
As you may have noticed, there's a new button on the blog - a shiny new PayPal button! Jessica suggested that I add one, and I'm glad she did. To those who have used it: many, many thanks! I even received a donation from someone I don't think I know - this is amazing. I think that a lot of the attention is because of the article in the Sun, but I really am grateful for the generosity I've been experiencing. My parents have been approached at home by people wanting to donate, too, and I've received emails from people who've read the blog. I can't explain how much these people have brightened my day.

Cookie Crumbles
I sent in the order for the Cookie Crumbles products last night. Once again, I set myself a reasonable goal ($250) and an optimistic goal ($375). The total for this particular event was $362! I was thrilled by the interest people showed and the support they offered - people in residence bought dough, the girls on my hockey team ordered some, and so did the staff at the elementary school where I work. While I should thank everyone who ordered dough (thanks!) I also owe special gratitude to Lisa and Laura, two of my friends who took a lot of time out of their already-busy schedules to sell for me. Thanks, girls! For those of you who ordered a tasty treat, you can expect it to arrive February 16th.

The Bottom Line
As of today, I'm at 21% of my fundraising goal. Stay tuned for more information about upcoming events - like the Salsa Night at On the Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment