February 13, 2011

February: Wrap Up & Next Up

I've been feeling pretty sick lately and been having a hard time convincing myself to update the Notebook because I don't feel very entertaining. I spent the weekend coughing and studying, though, and the most recent chapter in my EDIT 202 textbook put a lot of emphasis on blogs (mentioning every single time that it's short for "weblog") and I couldn't ignore it anymore. So, here's an update on February!

Wrap Up
On Thursday night, I learned* how to salsa - along with a ton of other people on the dance floor at On the Rocks. The salsa night fundraiser went splendidly, despite sickness, conflicting events and the dance teacher's strong suggestion that "if you're shy, get out!"

The evening was a great time, but it was also successful in terms of fundraising. The fund-o-meter is now just shy of one-third because of the $430 from ticket sales! I'd like to thank everybody who came out to support me, as well as a few who purchased tickets even though, in some cases, they knew they wouldn't make it. Thanks also go to a lovely lady named Rachelle who helped organize the whole thing.

I'd like to mention that my EDIT 202 class motivated me to update the blog today, but the announcement my professor posted on his news page actually convinced a girl in one of my classes to come to the Salsa Night! Thanks so much, Emily - I didn't publish your comment because I didn't want the world to have your number. I hope you had a great time:)

Next Up
I have a few more events planned for February - here's the gist:

February 16th: Arrival of the cookie dough from Cookie Crumbles! Keep checking for more details, but most people in Edmonton should be prepared to pick their order up at the Campus Saint-Jean that afternoon/evening.

February 22nd: Educational Testing Services Canada is offering incentives to groups who administer an aptitude test they recently developed and would like to test. If you're between the ages of 17 and 42 and you'll be in Cold Lake then, keep you eyes peeled for a chance to help me raise $500!

February 28th: Bake Sale Part II! I'm still working on some donations from Edmonton businesses, but my Mumbly and I will be baking up a storm when I go home for reading week. I've put in a request for some of Maia's delicious vegan cookies. If you're interested in contributing something, please let me know!

All the Time: Slow-Motion Bottle Drive!

Once again, I've been receiving very generous donations from people both in Cold Lake and Edmonton. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your contributions. Thanks!

*I say "learned" but we all know I've already forgotten. I'm not exactly talented when it comes to dances with rules...

No comments:

Post a Comment