February 28, 2011

Out with a Bang (for now...)

Today was my second bake sale, this time with two tables: one for goods that were "faits maison" (homemade) and one for goods from real, live boulangerie-pâtisseries. On the homemade side were cookies, muffins and fudge my Mumbly and I made; cinnamon buns from the wonderful Owen; and cookies and meringues from my teammate Ashley. Thanks, Mumbly, Owen and Ashley!

On the professional side, there were cupcakes from Flirt and a staggering assortment of creations from Duchess Bake Shop in Edmonton. Thanks in no small part to the generosity of the folks at Duchess (and of course, the folks at the Campus), today's sale raised a whopping $401.95! This puts my fund-o-meter at over 40%. I am really overwhelmed by the generosity I experienced today - including that of my friend Adam, who sat at the table for three and a half hours with me just for fun. Mathieu at the Campus also spread the word among the faculty, for which I am extremely grateful.

The point: THANKS!

All this fundraising is very exciting, but I'm definitely spreading myself a little too thin; because the fundraising is the most fun, my schoolwork and self-care are getting neglected. At the very wise suggestion of my dear mother, I'm taking a break from fundraising for the next few weeks. I'll continue writing letters and applying for scholarships, but with six classes and a lab, I'd like to sleep a little, too, and spend a little more time studying. Don't worry - I'm sure I'll find some time to update the blog. I have a few ideas for posts floating around in my head that actually don't have anything to do with that handy fund-o-meter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment